re-sealing cracked modules [RE-wrenches]

Jerry Caldwell solarcowboy at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 13:37:14 PDT 2005

Good point Bill,

I hadn't thought about the ramifacations if this were
a  high voltage system.  Nominal array voltage is 48v
- more specifically, eight ASE DG300 50v modules all
wired in paralell on one of the old Trace SW style "PV
series" inverters with the big blue capacitors on the
DC side in lieu of a battery bank.

This customer had been entertaining the possibility of
rewiring the array in series and replacing the
inverter with a Sunnyboy.  I'll make sure to advise
him on the safety issues regarding this.

Jerry