L16 Universal Terminals [RE-wrenches]

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Wed May 18 09:04:18 PDT 2005

Take movies and games anywhere with a Free Playstation Portable!
http://click.topica.com/caadwPbbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Bob-o,

How many do we buy?  Answer is, not enough... yet.  Don't forget we live in
a different solar business world from a lot of you guys.  If there are 2
dozen systems installed within a 150 mile radius of us this year, it'll be
a lot.  Of the fraction of that number that I'll get, probably 70-80% of
them will be T-105 weekend cabin systems.  And for the larger projects that
I've sold or I'm working on, I'm selling Hups whenever I can.  I'm getting
wary of the L-16's in general, given all the discussion a few months back
about failures at 5 years.  (That's been borne out here, BTW, with some
existing systems we didn't originally install, that we're getting called in
to do L-16 replacements.)

I can't go out of state, shipping would eat me alive, and our Trojan
distrib knows that.  For me, it appears a better option would be to go with
Deka or US Battery, as I have in-state options for both.  These days, I'm
way less worried about their expected life relative to L-16's, than I am
about those damn UT terminals.  And what Bob Ellison said only confirms my
fears.  Thanks for the feedback, and stay away from the UTs if you
can.  (Unless you like to use automotive terminals for your battery
connections.)

John Raynes
RE Solar
Torrey, UT

At 06:12 PM 5/17/2005 -0700, you wrote:

>John,
>How many L16s do you buy from this guy in a year's time?  If it's 50 or
>more, I think your distributor is being unreasonable. This is especially
>true if you can give him some sort of a prediction of future work. If you
>know, for example, that you've got three or four systems coming up in the
>next two months and they will each take 12 batts, he should be stocking
>those for you. Offer to give him a PO for what you know you will use. If
>he won't budge, look elsewhere. Buy your next pallet from out of state and
>tell him that you are doing so. Explain gently that you like his service
>and would rather buy from him but....
>Good Luck, bob-O

Need a new washer and dryer set? You could get one free!
http://click.topica.com/caadtaGbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com