SPAM-LOW: Pics of PV in Germany [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 14 16:49:30 PST 2005

Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
http://click.topica.com/caadeMmbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Amazing Computer

The utility problem is all over the U.S. The citizens of Colorado had to
put PV on the ballot because of utility opposition. The initiative passed,
but the CO utility is dragging its feet instead of complying with the will
of the people. Nothing has changed since 1960 when Theodore Levitt wrote in
his classic essay "Marketing Myopia."

"Who says that the utilities have no competition? They may be natural
monopolies now, but tomorrow they may be natural deaths. To avoid this
prospect, they too will have to develop fuel cells, solar energy and other
power sources. To survive, they themselves will have to plot the
obsolescence of what now produces their livelihood." - reprinted in 1975
see
http://www.fcee.lisboa.ucp.pt/docentes/url/markii/Leituras/Marketing_Myopia.
pdf