Hydro & Outback [RE-wrenches]

Hugh hugh at scoraigwind.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 14:35:56 PST 2005

Show your pride with a free* USA T-shirt.  Click here to confirm
your address.
http://click.topica.com/caac8udbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

>  I realize if we are getting either AC
>or DC out of the hydro it can make a difference. Feedback welcomed for both
>scenarios...

One idea that I really like using is AC hydro feeding the
'generator-input' of a synch sine inverter.  This works really well
with Xantrex SW and PS, and will work fine with Outback too once they
get their generator support mode working.  You are running direct off
hydro power when you use low power loads, you have a high surge
capability from the battery, and you are not obliged to dump
everything you cannot use straight away.  Surplus power goes into the
battery until it is full.  This is a great way to get the maximum
advantage from a low power hydro or to share a larger one between
several homes equally, or in any proportion you may choose to set up
on the inverters.
--
Hugh

(NOTE I am now going off-line, probably until 3rd March .)
Scoraig Wind Electric
http://www.scoraigwind.co.uk/

Your opinion counts! We're giving away ten $100 cash prizes!
A major food company wants to know what you think about a product
& package design. Hurry, only ten $100 prizes left!
http://click.topica.com/caadbR9bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Val Rad Survey

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com