Roof Standoffs [RE-wrenches]

Mark Byington markbyington at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 24 17:42:21 PST 2005

Like music?  Get a CD player on us. Click here.
http://click.topica.com/caac48Rbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Well, I went to the web site referred to below but nowhere do I see the words "Pipe Collars" on their home page.  Does the flashing hit the flange or does it lie flat on the roof?  Please define "low profile roof flashing."  Does that mean the dome shaped flashing rather than the cone shaped?

William,
Sorry for the confusion.  The web site is www.ipscorp.com.  Click on Roofing Products, then Pipe Collars.  You will see the Low Profile Collars (e.g. LPC-1), and the Rain and Repair Collars (e.g. RC5).

We don't have any problem getting the cone-shaped flashing to clear the base of the DPW Power Post.  When I said low profile, I just meant the normal cone shaped flashing for a 1" pipe, but not a real tall one.  The Power Post is only 5.25" tall.  The lower flashing ties in with the membrane (aka felt paper), and the upper flashing ties in with the tile, as you said.  Then the rain collar sits above the upper flashing, tight around the Power Post.  You need to trim the flashing a little to get the 1.25" pipe through it.  Sorry I don't have part numbers for the flashings.
Feel free to call me on the cell if you want to discuss more.  415-298-1947.
Mark

Show your pride with a free* USA T-shirt.  Click here to confirm
your address.
http://click.topica.com/caac2N5bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php