gen set net metering [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Fri Jan 21 10:36:24 PST 2005

Show your pride with a free* USA T-shirt.  Click here to confirm
your address.
http://click.topica.com/caac48Tbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Bill is right on with the daunting interconnection hassles and expense, especially for this 10 kW project. However, I would be more concerned about the just the opperation economics. Homemade B100 can be cheap ($0.8/gal.) as is the quality control (you have to value your time at near nothing though), purchased ASTM spec. B100 can cost 1.5 - 2x dino-diesel. Factor in fuel cost ($0.05 - 0.15/kWh), genset wear ($0.05 - .1/kWh) and you will likely be looking at a cost higher than the retail value of the power and you probably only get avoided cost, not retail. You could be looking at an incentive for the use of alternative fuels that can sway this. But I would caution you on just the opperation costs alone.

Good luck from a B100 user in car and truck!

-jeff o

>From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham

Like music?  Get a CD player on us. Click here.
http://click.topica.com/caac2NUbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com