Mutiple Array Spacing at 38deg N Latitude [RE-wrenches]

Dean T. Newberry deant at dcn.org
Mon Jan 10 20:52:07 PST 2005

** Get Your Own Support-a-Cure Yellow Bracelet for $1.99 **
Show your support for finding cures for both AIDS & Cancer.
Get yours for just $1.99. This bracelet makes a difference.
http://click.topica.com/caacYkkbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Penn Media

Hi Jeremy
Maybe 38" is not the correct spacing.
Let's see, if double the height of the first array is 38", then the
first array is 19", 4" more than the number I used in the example.
Using 19" as the height  and 22.4 as the elevation angle
the formula for inter-row spacing = 19" / tan 22.4 = 46".
If you use 38, you are likely to reduce your output during December to 1
hour per day.

If you check EnergyCalc available for download on my website
http://www.talbottsolar.com/ and select Denver CO you will notice 2
things one is that the Denver latitude is 39.74, and the 30 year
cloudiness index is .67.

Correcting again,
The lattitude is 39.74
The sun altitude angle at 10:00 AM is 20.90
The height of the first array is 19".
The solution is 19 / tan 20.90 = 49.75"

In the inimitable words of Loren Neubauer, "One calculation is worth one
thosand estimations".

goFigure deant

--
Dean T. Newberry
Marketing and Sales

Quantum Energy Group
265 Applegate School Road, P.O. Box 158
Applegate, Ca. 95703

Email:  deant at dcn.org

Cell:   530 867-2392
Office:  530-878-4585
Fax:     530-878-6685

How about a cruise on your favorite cruise line-from us?  Click
here.
http://click.topica.com/caac2NYbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php