Series fusing for string installations [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Mon Aug 1 13:50:00 PDT 2005

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Get the latest weather,
sports, and lifestyle news you can't afford to miss, all
at a price you can afford to pay!  Click now!
http://click.topica.com/caaa9eYbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/TopOffers
Bob-O:

In SLO county we are allowed to delete any roof-top disconnects if we run
metallic conduit.  All of our pitch roof PV installs have the modules flat
with the roof pitch, therefore no rack there to mount a combiner to.  I do
not like roof mount disconnects for a whole range of reasons (get out the
ladder to check fuses, extra hardware to secure the disconnect to the roof,
etc.).  This particular job is a barrel tile roof anyway, so who wants to
replace the tiles after you access the fused combiner.

WM

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com