Inverter Load Analysis [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Aug 1 10:01:05 PDT 2005

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Get the latest weather,
sports, and lifestyle news you can't afford to miss, all
at a price you can afford to pay!  Click now!
http://click.topica.com/caaa9eYbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/TopOffers
We always size for winter, but here that is still over 6 hrs of full sun
per day average in January. If the budget can't handle it, we design to the
budget with room to expand. The customer knows what he can or can't do, and
uses the genny to make up the difference.
Windy's spreadsheet show estimated genny run time, so we plug in our
proposed # of modules and show the customer the run time for their choices.

Ray

>Jonathan-
>Your comment about sizing for summer came as a surprise to me, as I was
>trained to design for winter.  I understand all too well the rationale for
>doing so, as I have lost too many bids in the low-competition off-grid
>market in my area.
>Question to all off-grid Wrenches:  Do you do this as well?  If sometimes
>- What (besides the clients budget) is your determining factor to design
>summer vs winter?
>Thanks
>Barbra K Kerr

- - - -