OutBack Questions re 3hp well pump [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Wed Jun 22 10:16:33 PDT 2005

Get a Free T-Mobile Sidekick II plus $500 towards service!
Click here.
http://click.topica.com/caadAcqbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Christopher,
A variation on Ray's question that is relevant for us right now, please:
We have a customer with an existing new PS/2-VFX3648 offgrid system who
wishes to run his 3hp Franklin motor well pump off of ONE inverter with an
X-240. His rationale is that this is temporary, the pump will be controlled
manually during construction, and there will be no other loads when the pump
is run. His budgetary motivation is to put off the cost of the second
inverter for a year or two until his home is built. He also will eventually
pump open discharge, but would pressurize now, adding additional load onto
the motor.

We have told him we don't think that it will work with a single inverter,
and nobody else has been able to provide a reliable (from experience)
prediction. If the inverter won't start it, we return to add a second
inverter. He accepts this, and we'll hook it up in a week or two.

Your comments are appreciated.
Allan at Positive Energy