C10 license and a visit to the CEC [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Wed Jun 8 12:02:33 PDT 2005

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadAcrbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

What a mess and tough spot to be in. This C-10 thing is going to get very ugly it just seems to be a Catch-22. My situation - 12 years of contracting w/a C-10 mostly commercial and industrial. Stopped and went into this solar field full time (was doing a bit of PV all along and been o-t-g for 27 years). It has been 15 years now since that C-10. As I understand it at this stage with a college background in EE, 12 years w/C-10 and 27 years in solar and the last 15 years designing and installing (C-46) PV and SDWH I may not be able to install PV systems under the current version of SB1!!

I've yet to meet a C-10 that I did not have to train to some extent to install a system.

How about a new class (C-46P?) and a retest to qualify? I realize that a C-46 is nothing more than a plumbing test, but there are many in my situation - ton's of PV install experience. This needs to be valued and counted towards experience.

Time will tell...

-jeff o

>From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caadAcmbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Sharebuilder

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com