Sharp modules [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Tue Mar 1 00:29:10 PST 2005

Get a FREE* MP3 Player - yours to keep! Click Here Now!
http://click.topica.com/caadeMpbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MP3 Player Giveaway

I'm not sure I get the higher mathematics here:

In every string of three modules, only the center module gets to keep both
of it's MC connectors.  For the one to the left and the one to the right,
you still have to hack off one out of two.  That's 2 out of 6, or a one
third fatality rate on MC connectors for each string.  This doesn't sound
all that practical.  That is only marginally better than losing 2 out of 4
connectors in a 2 module string.

Nonetheless, the merits of providing a connector that then needs to be cut
off so the lead can be hard wired into a box still escapes me.

William Miller

At 09:27 PM 2/28/2005, you wrote:

>  It ain't neccesarily so, Doug. Not if you can live with three mods in a
> string, which is just what the doktor ordered for the MX-60 in high
> voltage mode. This is how we do all of our off-grid set-ups these days.
>
>  Matt T
>  ----- Original Message -----  From: "Doug Pratt" <dmpratt at sbcglobal.net>

Get a FREE* 5 Megapixel Digital Camera - yours to keep!
http://click.topica.com/caadeMobz8Qcsbz9JC9f/5 Megapixel Digital Camera Promotion

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com