SPAM: Re: RE: Flywheels for off-grid storage [RE-wrenches]

Ezra Auerbach, DragonSun Consulting ezra at lasqueti.net
Sun Dec 11 08:04:33 PST 2005

http://click.topica.com/caaegt3bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC PowerScan

Bob is correct, today's flywheels are not suited for off grid application.
Beacon Power who make the Smart Power M5 inverter are in the flywheel
business and to the best of my knowledge they haven't installed any
inverter/flywheel combos. Beacon is very sucessfully demonstrating the
value of flywheels in utility scale frequency and voltage regulation (large
amounts of power for short periods).

Regards,

Ezra Auerbach

DragonSun Consulting