Digest for RE-wrenches at topica.com, issue 1936 [RE-wrenches]

Jeremy Page jevanp05 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 25 10:37:35 PST 2005

http://click.topica.com/caaedmqbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC PowerScan

From: RE-wrenches at topica.com
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 04:16:29
To:RE-wrenches at topica.com
Subject: Digest for RE-wrenches at topica.com, issue 1936

-- Topica Digest --

	Re: DC heat
	By conradg at cape.com

	Re: DC heat
	By ken at commonwealthsolar.com

Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 08:47:17 -0500
From: conradg at cape.com
Subject: Re: DC heat [RE-wrenches]

Does anybody have any experience/recommendations for residential size
groundwater heat tranfer heat pumps?
Conrad
Cotuit Solar

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:02:34 -0800, Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services
wrote
> Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
> Is your computer freezing up or slowing down?
> Repair corrupt files and harmful errors - protect your PC
> Take a 2-minute PC health check-up at no charge!
> http://click.topica.com/caaedmqbz8QcscfnEoDa/PC PowerScan
>
> It is a common misconception that heat pumps do not work well at low
> temperatures. Our air source, split (no ducts), mulit zone system
> still performs at over 200% efficiency at 10 to 15 degrees F. Our
> 30K btu unit has a 2 pole 30 breaker and "only" draws around 2500
> watts running full out. The defrost cycle happens depending on the
> outside temperature and humidity.
>
> I love it and it has made our home zero energy with 3.2 kWh of PV.
>
> Todd
>
> Geoff Greenfield wrote:
>
> >Thanks for all the input-
> >
> >I could suggest heat pump to the customer, however - one of the design
goals
> >is simplicity (this is a remote installation in the high plateaus of
Bolivia

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 06:50:06 -0500
From: "Ken Schaal" <ken at commonwealthsolar.com>

Regarding the comments below---

I have used Florida Heat Pumps for years. They have both air and water
output. Which brand to use probably depends on your local distributor.

In 1986 we used an early Sanyo split system air source --9000 btu-- to heat
and cool our prototype geodesic dome offices. Even after being encased in
ice one particularly bad ice storm, it worked well. No strip backup !

Ken at Common Wealth Solar

-------Does anybody have any experience/recommendations for residential size
groundwater heat tranfer heat pumps?
Conrad
Cotuit Solar

--------> It is a common misconception that heat pumps do not work well at
low
> temperatures. Our air source, split (no ducts), mulit zone system
> still performs at over 200% efficiency at 10 to 15 degrees F. Our
> 30K btu unit has a 2 pole 30 breaker and "only" draws around 2500
> watts running full out. The defrost cycle happens depending on the
> outside temperature and humidity.
>
> I love it and it has made our home zero energy with 3.2 kWh of PV.
>
> Todd

------------------------------

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

End of RE-wrenches at topica.com digest, issue 1936

Jeremy Page
New Vision Technologies
(949) 218-0235

Oprah vs Dr. Phil- who is your favorite? Vote now.
http://click.topica.com/caaeatsbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Your opinion

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com