Generator Update [RE-wrenches]

Roy Butler, Four Winds RE roy at four-winds-energy.com
Sat Nov 26 08:41:48 PST 2005

http://click.topica.com/caaedmqbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC PowerScan

Hi Drake,

The Onan RS15000 is a great unit....fairly quiet, rugged and works well
with Xantrex and Outback inverters. The LP versions start great without
a block heater down to -20F.

I have several customers who are using the LP fueled RS12000, 15000 and
20000 and have had no problems to speak of. All of these customers
average 600-800 hours annually.

The downside.....Cummins/ Onan will no longer warranty any of their
"non-prime power" generators for any off-grid application....at least
not in my region (NY)....makes selling Onans a bit difficult!

Roy Butler
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
Four Winds Renewable Energy, LLC
8902 Route 46
Arkport, NY 14807
607-324-9747
www.four-winds-energy.com
NYSERDA eligible PV installer for PON 716
NYSERDA eligible wind installer for PON 792

Drake.Chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org wrote:

>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Is your computer freezing up or slowing down?
>Repair corrupt files and harmful errors - protect your PC
>Take a 2-minute PC health check-up at no charge!
>http://click.topica.com/caaedmqbz8QcsbAlljZa/PC PowerScan
>
>Has anyone had experience with the Onan 15kw, 1800 RPM units?  They seem like excellent machines for the money ($6400 dlr).  They are two wire start with built in protections.  Is there a downside?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Drake

>Oprah vs Dr. Phil- who is your favorite? Vote now.
>http://click.topica.com/caaeatsbz8QcsbAlljZf/Your opinion
>
>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

Will Martha Trump The Donald? Vote now- which Apprentice host
will prevail?
http://click.topica.com/caaedmvbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Your opinion

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php