Battery spills [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Fri May 27 22:17:47 PDT 2005

Get a Free Sirius Satellite Package, don't pass on this!
http://click.topica.com/caadwPhbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Friends:

Ten or more years ago, I installed two banks of IBE steel jacketed 2 volt
cells.  Fortunately, they were showing reduced capacity when half of them
were tipped over in the San Simeon earthquake.  Electrolyte spilled on the
concrete and caused a big mess.

We removed the old batteries, neutralized the acid. vacuumed up the mess
and installed new batteries.  This time we installed earthquake
restraints.  They were not touted as "engineered" but rather as stoutly
designed.

Here is after the earthquake, right after we waded in and righted the
batteries:

www.mpandc.com/case_studies/batteries/P2060382.JPG

And after everything was cleaned up and new batteries installed:

www.mpandc.com/case_studies/batteries/P2200405.JPG

Note the uni-strut braces.  These tie via all thread to similar struts
lagged to the wall.

William
Take movies and games anywhere with a Free Playstation Portable!
http://click.topica.com/caadwPbbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com