Off-grid update... [RE-wrenches]

Jim Duncan ntrei at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 24 14:08:14 PST 2005

Get both the MiFi XM Satellite Radio and an Apple iPod for Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadazobz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Wrenches,
I'm planning my first off-grid install since the late '90s and I know a
lot has changed both equipment wise and with the NEC.
I thought that since a 48V system was considered being able to operate
at above 50V so was considered not low voltage. Now the NEC refers to
(24) 2V cells the same as a 12 or 24 V system. Is there no difference in
the equipment, disconnect rating, ampacities, sizing etc?
Also what are some examples of 690.71 "Non-load break bolted or plug in
disconnects..." in the battery container?
Thanks as always
Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy Inc
Fort Worth, Texas
ntrei at earthlink.net
817.917.0527
Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
http://click.topica.com/caadazsbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Amazing Computer

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com