power equalizer scam [RE-wrenches]

Matt Lafferty mlafferty at universalenergies.com
Mon Dec 20 07:26:50 PST 2004

Claim your fully stuffed Christmas Stocking now
http://click.topica.com/caacVmdbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

All,

I checked out that Equalizer thing on their website.

I don't know how many have seen the note on the bottom of the Technical
page:

Note: If heavy loads (40 amps or greater) are not being used 24 hours per
day, the Equalizer must be shut off. The total load must not exceed 200
amps. The Equalizer can be turned off manually or with automation using a
timer.

Looks to me like it is NOT suited to very many residential applications.
(240 Volts x 40 Amps = 9,600 VA = 9.6 kWH/Hr = 84,000 kWH / Yr).  Residences
like that need to turn the lights off once in awhile... Maybe that's why the
Equalizer company has several Timer controlled products...

So, where exactly do they intend to market this thing?  From the Home page:

We provide the only easy "plug and go" components available on the market
today, which are designed specifically for the horticulture industry.

NOW I get it!  ;-)  Those types of loads... Ballasts, pumps... They
certainly can be low-PF contributors...

Happy seasons to all,

Matt Lafferty
Universal Energies Institute
mlafferty at universalenergies.com
(415) 252-0343
(916) 914-2247 Fax

We can reduce your unsecured credit card debt by 40-60%.
Don’t file bankruptcy.  Be Debt Free in as little as 1 year. Take
control of your situation.  100% FREE Consultation.
http://click.topica.com/caacZptbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/KnockOutDebt

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com