120 -240 control XFMR [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin solar at ecoisp.com
Tue Dec 14 17:03:05 PST 2004

Get a Holy Bible for FREE!
http://click.topica.com/caacVl9bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

>I can't imagine a reason you couldn't go "backwards" from 120 to 240 vac
>with these transformers... AC always goes back and forth of course.
>
>They might have adjusted the turns ration lightly to make up for the
>internal losses for 240 vac to 120 vac use - so the voltage might be
>slightly off the normal 1:2 ratio when used the other way - but not
>enough to make any real difference.

Right, transformers are reversible, but my distributors told me these were
different.  I will see if I can get a number of the manufacturer's tech
support from my suppliers.  I will post whatever information they may
have.  An adjusted turns ration is what I'd assumed.

Thanks,

Drake

** Get Your Own Support-a-Cure Yellow Bracelet for $1.99 **
Show your support for finding cures for both AIDS & Cancer.
Get yours for just $1.99. This bracelet makes a difference.
http://click.topica.com/caacVlObz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Penn Media

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com