Data for Coastal Location [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dmpratt at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 3 18:35:30 PST 2004

Free Thanksgiving recipes for you
http://click.topica.com/caacVmgbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

The NREL "Redbook" data for San Francisco is based on conditions at San
Francisco International Airport. Those who know the area will
immediately realize this is very different from downtown San Francisco,
or any really coastal location. It's 20 miles down the peninsula, and on
the Bay side. It's MUCH sunnier than SF or Half Moon Bay!

I use the Redbook data for Arcata. THAT's a coastal site! And is
probably a safe worst scenario. You can fudge the hours upward a bit if
you're feeling brave.
http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/pubs/redbook/PDFs/CA.PDF

Cheers,
Doug Pratt
(who's lived in Northern CA for 30 years)