AC/DC load centers [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Wed Nov 17 12:10:52 PST 2004

Claim your fully stuffed Christmas Stocking now
http://click.topica.com/caacQ4Sbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

I'm sure you'll disown me for this Chris, but we just used a PS2DC with a
DR inverter. We cut the side out to mount just like the big PSDC. Looks
great inside and out, and takes up alot less space. A single DR with the
PSDC  took up way too much space and cost. I know, I know its not UL listed
for this application, But it works great all the same. I'm using this on
our non-inspected Cabin systems.
It looks to me like an SW would work too. I'm sure you couldn't condone
this modification, but we've been building our own power centers before
Ananda or any one else had a product on the market, so I feel comfortable
in pushing the envelope. Feel free to rant me into the nether world, I'll
take it like a Bozo.

Ray

>Yes - the PS2 boxes were designed to only work with the OutBack
>inverters only.  I have seen them used with the SW but it required the
>SWCB conduit box for the connections and some user supplied 2" holes.
>
>I think using standard square-D type boxes on the AC side is a
>reasonable option - but the amount of site work required for mounting
>several boxes can be significant compared to just one PS2AC or PSAC -
>especially if you are talking about systems with more than one inverter
>and a bypass.
>
>But who uses SWs anymore???
>
>Christopher Freitas

Ray Walters