How About a Stock Tank Deicer? [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Albershardt info at es-ee.com
Sat Nov 13 08:48:59 PST 2004

Are you serious about buying a NEW car or truck soon?
Research before stepping on the car lot and save THOUSANDS!
Get NO OBLIGATION price quotes from car dealers in your area.
http://click.topica.com/caacOlPbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/LeadClick

--On Saturday, November 13, 2004 9:05 AM -0500 "Bill Loesch, Saint Louis Solar" <bill_loesch at compuserve.com> wrote:

> What would the thermodynamics experts in the group think of a smaller
> diameter pipe (culvert) so only mice and small rabbits would perish? Isn't
> the depth of the hole rather than the diameter the determining factor to
> bleed heat out of the earth?

The depth of the hole, yes--but don't forget the surface area of the tank bottom (aka the diameter of the hole.)  I suppose you could use a bunch of 6" culverts but that would get a little pricey...

.

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacOlIbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/MyDietPatches

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com