Battery Cycle Life Ratings [RE-wrenches]

Bruce Geddes b.geddes at clear.net.nz
Tue Nov 2 23:05:20 PST 2004

Go on a Cruise for Free!
http://click.topica.com/caacOlEbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Hi Ray,
                 The Trojan batteries that are available here are USA
manufactured so i have no reason to think they would be substantially
different from what you have access to.   The chart I refer to was issued by
GNB, the then distributor for Trojan here.  That company has since been
bought by Exide who still offer the Trojan.  I have no idea when the chart
was published but it is now at least 5 years old but the models covered have
not changed.  It only covers L16, no suffixes, on that model.

I have also seen a number of Dyno 220's used and generally 3 years is it.

Like I said, temperature could be a major variation in these results but I
know for my purposes this type of cell, 220 or L16, is no good.  Traction
cells offer twice the life (at least) for 50% more cost.

Cheers,
Bruce Geddes
PowerOn