DR inverter & ground fault outlet [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Mon Sep 6 17:13:17 PDT 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacBBBbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

Bob,

I once found a kitchen stove exaust fan that had been wired on a GFI. Sometimes
when the fan was turned off the GFI would trip. I guessed that the fan spinning
down acted at a voltage source for a few miliseconds which tripped the GFI. The
same thing might be happening with the fridge. Generally you do NOT wire a
fridge or any critical loads through GFI's for this reason.

Todd

Bob Ellison wrote:

> Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
> Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
> FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
> http://click.topica.com/caacBBEbz8QcsbAfWTra/OmahaSteaks
>
> I have run into a problem that I wonder if anyone has seen, and how it was
> cured short of elimination of the ground fault outlet.
>
> The inverter is a DR 1524 with a Cooper XGF20V ground fault outlet
> Nothing is plugged into it but a small fridge at the moment. But that is
> what causes the irritation when it goes off..... soggy frozen food. The
> customers have found it reset 5 or so times over the last month or so.
> Here is the interesting part, It will not reset on the inverter, but will
> reset on the generator. (Just found this out today). I have not tried
> resetting it when the incoming power is shut off, but can't see why it would
> not reset. Everything is correct in the wiring and it tests like it should
> when you push the button.
> It is on an outside porch but a normal outlet is possible, and probably the
> cure.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob
>
> RE. Ellison
> Supplier of;
> Alternative Energy Systems & Supplies
> 34642 Countryman Road
> Theresa, NY. USA
>                                13691-2076
>
> Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
> Amazing Diet Patch
> The fastest - Easiest way to lose weight! Try it now FREE!
> http://click.topica.com/caacBBBbz8QcsbAfWTrf/MyDietPatches
>
> - - - -
>
> Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
> List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

> Hosted by Home Power magazine

Todd Cory
KE6SXS
toddcory at finestplanet.com
Mt. Shasta Energy Services
License C-10 # 811428
P.O. Box 689
Mt. Shasta, CA. 96067
(530) 926-1079
~~~~~~~~

It's now clear Mr. Bush intends to run a campaign based on fear. And for me, at
least, it's working: thinking about what these people will do if they solidify
their grip on power makes me very, very afraid.

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

http://click.topica.com/caacBBEbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/OmahaSteaks

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com