Grid-Tie Inverters with Batteries [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Wed Aug 18 13:23:54 PDT 2004

Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
http://click.topica.com/caacvgubz8Qcsbz9JC9a/411Web

William,

Back when battery-based systems were king in California, typical additional
costs were 20-25% more than without batteries for the same size system. I
agree with the other comments, that the efficiency of the stand-by power
system needs to be evaluated and justified separately from the PV system.
What you have is an inverter capable of several operating modes. If you
float the battery at night, that is a power consumption by the standby
system, not the PV system. It may be semantics, but installers and marketers
get these issues all confused and do not effectively sell the benefits and
costs of these types of systems.

Bill.