Grid-Tie Inverters with Batteries [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at wwjv.net
Wed Aug 18 09:59:08 PDT 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacvgtbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

Most of our clients are either off grid, or are located near the end
of a very long rural power line that goes out often.  About 90% of our
sales include a battery bank, although I am moving toward smaller
battery banks when a generator is included in the mix, which is most
of the time.

I think it all depends on what your client wants and is willing to pay
for.  However, local utility rates and rebate programs will definitely
have an affect on this battery or no battery decision.

As long as we make it very clear that a grid tied system without a
battery provides absolutely no back-up power, they can decide if the
added battery and inverter cost is worth it or not.  With electricity
in Virginia selling for about 8 cents/kWh and no state rebate program,
selling back to the grid here is more of a "bonus" for those on the
grid who are buying or already own a pv system primarily intended for
emergency back-up.

Jeff Yago

WWJV Internet Filtering - www.wwjv.net - $3.99

Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
http://click.topica.com/caacvgubz8Qcsbz9JC9f/411Web

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com