Grid-Tie Inverters with Batteries [RE-wrenches]

Ken Schaal ken at commonwealthsolar.com
Tue Aug 17 18:44:05 PDT 2004

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacvgpbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/OmahaSteaks

Here in the East  [central mid -atlantic ], where it has been 25% above
normal for rainfall for two years, and we get ice storms and hurricanes
causing outages for as much as 1-2 weeks, and total grid failures, and,
being near DC, a population aware of the threat to infrastructure , our
calls for the last year are increasingly for security. And yet,VA has an
excellent net metering law, which may go to 500KW for commercial systems,
is10KW for residential, with full retail credit for sell side. So efficiency
with backup is critical ! Even my early Y2K customer, a woman in her 80's,
is ready to go from 2KW to 4. As a child, she would water the batteries on
her parents ' Delco system', before rural electrification .
  PS--  Even the Utility sells generators!