Grid-Tie Inverters with Batteries [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Tue Aug 17 18:40:23 PDT 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacvgtbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

Christopher,

I really enjoyed meeting and talking to you at the Pomona RE Show last
weekend.  I was just reading page two of a 1969 Motor Trends article (
http://www.sfcitroen.homestead.com/files/motortrend1969Cumberford_screen
.pdf ) about giving first-rate designers and engineer’s free hand to
design an all-new car, which happened to be a Citroen. (I know you’re a
Citroen (and PV) enthusiast.)  Pretty revolutionary stuff in 69.  Why do
the best new widgets and technologies often not become mainstream?  Is
it due to marketing?  Now that Wrenches are discussing additional costs
incurred to PV installations when batteries are incorporated.  I'm
wondering how well Outback inverters work without solar, with a PV
option, as opposed to batteries being optional.  Power outages are
extremely rare in L.A. and in Burbank where I live so the additional
cost of batteries and future replacement costs are not being pushed by
those selling subsidized grid-tied PV.  If I lived somewhere with
frequent power outages, I think I would try and create a market for
installing battery backup, as affordably as possible, with PV as an
option, with or without government rebates.  It looks like Outback has
some amazing products that builders should consider installing when
rebuilding in Florida.  Just a though, keep up the good work.

Graham
GO Solar

Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
http://click.topica.com/caacvgubz8Qcsbz9JC9f/411Web

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com