Any small Turbines worth Installing? ( was small rooftop wind turbine) [RE-

Roy Butler, Four Winds RE roy at four-winds-energy.com
Wed Jun 2 06:39:41 PDT 2004

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today – APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
http://click.topica.com/caaciqQbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Discover Card

Travis,

We have had problems with the XL.1 in the past. To Bergey's credit, they
have been extremely responsive to customer service issues and continue
to upgrade the machine accordingly. We have a wind regime here in
Western NY that chews up small turbines at an incredible rate!

To date, the only machine that appears to stand up really well to our
harsh conditions is the AWP 3.6. They have had blade quality issues and
just like Bergey, have been very good about making things right. Hear
that SWWP???? If you had been even 1/2 that responsive, I might still be
selling your toys! (not!)

Over all though, the selection of turbines in the under 1500 watt range
is very slim. I'm installing a LOT more PV these days....

Roy Butler
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
Four Winds Renewable Energy, LLC
8902 Route 46
Arkport, NY 14807
607-324-9747
www.four-winds-energy.com
NYSERDA eligible installer

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar wrote:

>Thanks for sharing your small turbine experiences. How about the Bergey
>XL.1?  We have experience with just a few of them and they are still alive
>after nearly a year, but we are in a lower Class 2 wind regime.  Plus they
>are very quiet compared to the limited qty of other turbines we have been
>around.  From what I can tell they are on the third design upgrade since
>they came out with them a few years ago.  Each design gets a little beefier.
>
>You also left out the AWP?  It looks to be a heck of machine but I have no
>hands on experience with it.
>
>Travis Creswell
>Ozark Energy Services

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaciqTbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ExpertCity

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm