small rooftop wind turbine [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Wed Jun 2 08:32:18 PDT 2004

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today – APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
http://click.topica.com/caaciqQbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Discover Card

Gary,

I agree with Ian completely  about "small" wind turbines when actually
attached to a house. However, there actually is one small turbine available
(750 Watts) that is both "silent" and will survive winds > 130 MPH. They
claim that they will soon have a vibration dampened version able to be
mounted on a house, but I wouldn't suggest it until I've seen the test
results. These units have been made and successfully flown in some of the
most challenging wind regimes on the planet for about 6 years. Since we are
distributors for these turbines, which are available in 750, 3000 and 6000
Watts, I can't go blabbing about them on the list (or did I already?), but
feel free to contact me off-list.

Matt T