small rooftop wind turbine [RE-wrenches]

Ian Woofenden, Home Power ian.woofenden at homepower.com
Wed Jun 2 06:07:52 PDT 2004

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes – over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caaciq1bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/UOP

Hi Tom,

The subject line says it all to me:

"small" -- small rotor means small output, which usually means folks
won't spend the bucks to put it up where the wind is. So they end up
being disappointed in the output, which will be small even if you put
it up where it should be, since the rotor is small...

"rooftop" -- means that the manufacturer doesn't understand the need
for tall towers to get into the best, cleanest wind, and just wants
to sell a product. If they were trying to sell _energy_ instead of
products, they would never promote rooftop mounting.

I agree with Gary's excellent comments and caveats too.

If you want reliable, quiet, long-term energy production, look for a
large diameter rotor machine that runs at low rpms, and put it on
tall tower.

Best,

Ian

--

Ian Woofenden <ian.woofenden at homepower.com>, Senior Editor
Ashland, OR 97520 USA

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caaciqZbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Sharebuilder

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com