romex in met-metered installations [RE-wrenches]

Jeffery Wolfe, Global Resource Options jeff at globalresourceoptions.com
Tue Jun 1 22:53:38 PDT 2004

NEW Heat-sensitive Hypercolor Thinking Putty from Crazy
Aaron comes in grown up handfuls. It's the creativity
unleashing, desk toy that changes color when you touch it!
http://click.topica.com/caaciqRbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Crazy Aaron's Puttyworld

Kirk,

We've used this in a couple of applications. Given the current
interpretation of the code in regards to PV being a service entrance, I
would probably shy away from it. And it seems that when the NEC is
"clarified" in 2005, it would be a definite "no" up to the DC disconnect
inside.

That said, NM-B wiring can be an appropriate solution from runs from the
DC disconnect to the inverter, and the inverter to the PB. Whenever we
use it as DC conductor (which has not been too often) we do make sure
it's very well, and frequently, labeled.

Jeff Wolfe
Global Resource Options