Satellite internet - power consumption. [RE-wrenches]

Tom Elliot, Guffey Energy Works telliot at wagonmaker.com
Sat May 29 10:57:27 PDT 2004

NEW Heat-sensitive Hypercolor Thinking Putty from Crazy
Aaron comes in grown up handfuls. It's the creativity
unleashing, desk toy that changes color when you touch it!
http://click.topica.com/caachWvbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Crazy Aaron's Puttyworld

Jeff and Ezra,

I've noticed a smaller power draw using the ethernet modem (for Direcway it
is the DW6000) as opposed to the dual modem USB based DW4000.  I suspect
that the Starband stuff is similar in terms of power draw.  I cut my actual
power use in half when I went to the ethernet option combined with a WAP.  I
can now use my linux laptop on dual batteries (zero system power usage)
anywhere in the house and surf for hours on a 30 watt power draw.  Generally
though, I use my Windows laptop on AC power.

Tom