Panel protection.... [RE-wrenches]

Matt Lafferty mlafferty at universalenergies.com
Wed May 5 21:43:07 PDT 2004

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaccMSbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ ExpertCity

John,

Try some strong 2"square (50mm) or smaller netting strung some distance from
the PV panel surface and in a reflective trajectory oriented plane.  That
way the rocks will not only hit the netting, but be repelled immediately
back in the direction to the source.  You will likely be required to install
some support structure but in addition to being relatively simple, you might
find some payment in the form of testing it as you adjust the tension and
dodging the rocks you throw.

Another option may be to install recording video equipment that will provide
for the prosecution of those (likely kids) responsible.

Since I hate lawyers and vandals, t almost seems like a toss-up (or down in
NZ terms).  I like the netting in concept and have used & seen it used as a
bird-perch repellent, but never as a "stone stopper".

Peace to our Under Brothers!

Matt Lafferty
Universal Energies Institute
mlafferty at universalenergies.com