Panel protection.... [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Wed May 5 21:49:31 PDT 2004

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
http://click.topica.com/caaccM4bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Children's Int'l

Hi John,

So you have those bozos down there too? I wish I had a solution for you
(I like the land mine idea though) and if I did I could use it on a
customer's solar pumping array as well.
This system is located in a place that required the vandals to cross a
creek, climb up through a bunch of loose, sharp boulders, worm their way
through some really nasty cholla cactus and yuccas, poison oak and
rattle snakes. Once there they dislodged a fence post and bashed the
fronts of two modules and put a hole through the back of one more.

We took great pains to make this system as vandal-resistant as we
possibly could, but they still managed to make quite a mess of things.
The owner is afraid to file a claim because of how hard it was to get
coverage for his place, so now he has to save up money before he can a
afford to replace the damaged pieces. Ain't people grand?

Maybe we could solve our problem by adding clear Lexan sheets to the
module faces and white ones to the backsides. Lexan is literally
bullet-proof, but it's very pricey stuff.

Good luck!

Matt T