Outback Inverters - Master / Slaving [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Wed Apr 14 19:18:55 PDT 2004

Your opinion counts! We’re conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
http://click.topica.com/caab6Pibz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Val Rad
Christopher,

A new and interesting twist to this generator situation: When we dialed
in the gen control program and left the site last night every thing was
g r o o v y. Then, I got a call this afternoon from the ranch manager
telling me that the lights were shutting off and then coming back in
about ten minutes,

I figured that the generator wasn't being called to start for some
reason and that the system was shutting down just long enough for the
batteries to rebound to the re-connect set point of the inverters. My
theory was correct. So what?

Problem is that there is a 12 amp flow to ground on the generator 12
volt circuit, the same one that is also sent up the remote start wires
to the gen. start contacts in the Outback in charge.

The question is, considering that this two wire start system worked
perfectly for 7 years with the SW's, is there some path to ground now
that we are using the Outback's control circuitry? Is that possible? If
so, what the heck do we do to fix the problem?

Also, we have a set of big contactors that instantly disconnects when
the run signal is taken off the gen starting circuit, so I doubt that
that is the problem, but hey; I'd go for any answer! ;-)

Matt T