Outback Inverters - Master / Slaving [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Wed Apr 14 20:03:09 PDT 2004

Sign up to get FREE information from leading colleges!
Compare degrees, admissions, financial aid and more.
Study your career education options at
Collegeinformation.info.
http://click.topica.com/caab8K7bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ College Info

Matt - Although I am sure many find these questions interesting - I
don't want to troubleshoot everyone's system installs on the wrenches
list...

You can contact me off-list or call outback directly - the email address
"engineering @ outbackpower.com goes to at least four people immediately
- so it is a good way to get a fast response.  Or just call anytime -
someone is usually there who can help.

It sounds like you didn't put a small dry contact type relay on the AUX
output between the inverter and the generator - which many (but not all)
generators require.  Without this there can be a ground loop caused.  We
didn't build in the relay to the inverter because of the number of SWs
which came back with the relays fried in them do to incorrect hook-up -
its easier to change a separate relay if you fry it than the entire
inverter...

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
www.outbackpower.com
Arlington WA USA
Tel 360 435 6030

Your opinion counts! We’re conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
http://click.topica.com/caab8K1bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Val Rad
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm