Outback Inverters / 100 amp bypass [RE-wrenches]

Gary Higbee gary at windstreamsolar.com
Tue Apr 13 11:55:55 PDT 2004

Your opinion counts! We’re conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
http://click.topica.com/caab6Pibz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Val Rad

Christopher and Wrenches,

***
Christopher, you wrote that Robin has redesigned the 100 amp bypass assembly
(likely based on a conversation we had a few weeks ago), and that the
redesigned assembly will be available by contacting Robin directly (at
Outback).

As well you suggested that the purpose of the breaker interlock is to
prevent both of the breakers from being turned on at the same - not to
operate as a true "fast transfer switch," and that switching it with the
generator off is a good idea.

***

Thanks for the quick response, Christopher. Yes, the transfer switch is only
in case we run into inverter problems, and based on my experience this most
certainly will not be a daily thing! Hopefully the switch will collect moss
over the eons (well, OK, years), never being exercised.

In the unlikely event that the 100A transfer switch needs to be used I'll
make sure my client (and documentation) is clear that it is intended as a
precautionary interlock, and that it would be good to throw the breakers,
verify the all down position, start the generator, and then connect the
loads.

So far this quad stack works beautifully!

Thanks again,

Gary

P.S. OH, THESE ADS ARE OBNOXIOUS--I KNOW YOU'RE WORKING ON THIS,
MICHAEL--THANKS!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     ~ Windstream Solar ~
     Gary Higbee  (gary at windstreamsolar.com)
                     (541 ) 607-1818 (Eugene)
                        (541) 954-3881 (Cell)
Solar, wind, and hydro site analysis and system design
    Components dealer and installation assistance
 Energy Trust of Oregon contracted system inspector

http://click.topica.com/caab6PVbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Val Rad
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com