Grundfos v standard pumps [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Thu Apr 8 09:58:44 PDT 2004

Your opinion counts! We’re conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
http://click.topica.com/caab6Pibz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Val Rad
Hi Kurt;

We just installed an SQ at almost identical water level and 20/40 psi tank.
We are running off anSW2524+ and T240 transformer. No start surge, pulls
about 20 amps 120 VAC. output is 5.5 gpm at open discharge.

I would recommend the 5SQ10C-450 instead of the 410 though. The extra gal
per minute will keep the customer happier, and the efficiency per gal is
the same or better. I can't imagine the Outback inverter having trouble. We
ran a circular saw at the same time the pump was running with no noticeable
voltage or performance problems.

I have another SQ (450) in at the same depth running off a 2500 watt Honda
generator (cont. rating at our altitude < 2000 watts). It has been in the
hole for a year and a half now with no problems.

An interesting side note on the soft start SQs, my supplier said we could
run them on SDR flex pipe since they don't have any hard start up torque.
It saved our customer $1500 on the install; we shall have to wait and see
the long term effects of this.

This was replacing an old "Sunrise" system and is a vast improvement in
water quality now that the water goes straight from the well to the P tank.
We converted the cistern and "Flowlight" pressure pump over to a separate
rain catch and yard hydrant system. A washing machine hose can be connected
between hose bibs to run the cistern system back to the house system in an
emergency well pump outage. Otherwise the plumbing normally remains
completely separated.

Ray

>I am recommending the Grundfos 5SQ10C-410 for this application, a vented
>Outback inverter and transformer with the pump in a well that is 365
>feet to water (with pressure tank).
>

>Kurt Nelson

Need to find the right school to fit your needs
CollegeInformation.info has already found it. Get educated
on your future – degrees, financial aid and more!
http://click.topica.com/caab6afbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ College Info

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com