ABB Type AB1 Meters for Net Metering [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 8 06:55:36 PDT 2004

Graduate in less than 13 months with AIU’s Online virtual
campus. Classrooms and student service as close as your
computer. Highly accredited, study anytime – anywhere.
http://click.topica.com/caab6anbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ AIU

John,
Southern California Edison uses the old General Electric watthour meter
I-70-S-2 for residential applications. I-70s have always been unratched in
SCE territory so SCE does no meter change when a customer installs a PV
system. I use to buy reconditioned I-70s for $25 before inverters came with
CEC approved meters. The California net metering law has some strict
language about utilities using metering to make going solar more difficult.
Here in California, PV advocates approached the utility companies and said
"We know you want to encourage your customers to use clean solar
electricity. How can we keep down the interconnect costs for the utility
company and the customer?" This approach helped us find our friends and
flush out enemies.
Best regards,
Joel Davidson