Inverter Shoot-Out continues [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Tue Mar 30 10:49:23 PST 2004

Are you looking for savings on products you use everyday?
Visit Quality Health today and see the coupons, free
samples and special offers our members enjoy each and
everyday.
http://click.topica.com/caab3ozbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Ivo Interactive

Anthony and Don,

I certainly agree with Anthony's points and Don's data is interesting and
helpful in some respects. The biggest issue with data is providing a
baseline reference point. Irradiance and temperature measurements are
critical to determine whether performance is good or bad. Without that data,
the relative importance that can be placed on the data is substantially
reduced. Satellite data is definitely a possibility, but it currently takes
some effort to compare real data to real performance.

Anthony's initial data request was very specific and required location,
orientation, shading, and annual energy production numbers--I think this is
the correct approach for this type of data.

Recently a post talked about poor performance on a system, but it had no
irradiation data to compare with the performance. From the very limited data
provided, it appeared to me that the system could be operating just fine. It
also could be way off and the only way to know is with irradiation data to
compare it.

One thing I would really like to see from system manfucturers is an
irradiance input to the inverter so the inverter can calculate the
Performance Index and provide the system owner and installer/service person
with good feedback as to how the system is working.

Anthony, you should be commended for requesting this data? I hope Wrench
will begin to provide you with the data you requested. You might want to
resend your original data request for those that may not have it.

Bill.