meter power [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Mar 29 16:21:23 PST 2004

**** Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! ****
Discover Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up
handfuls. It's the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing
desk toy!
http://click.topica.com/caab5n2bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

>Hi Todd;

I would just use a Trimetric with the 48 v adapter. I'm using the Emeter
with prescaler for an 156 VDC EV project, but I have a 12 VDC lighting
system to tap for the meter. I have always preferred the Trimetric
for  residential power systems.

Ray

>Wrenches,
>
>I am undecided at how to power an e-meter on a 48 volt system. The
>prescaler supplies the meter with an accurate lower voltage signal, but
>I need less than 50 volts to power the meter. I have always thought it a
>bad idea to center tap a battery bank to obtain lower a voltage... the
>e-meter maxes out at 150 mA fully lit and around 50 mA in normal sleep
>mode. Do list members think it would be "bad" to draw 1.2 Ah in 24
>hours, off a center tap connection to power a small meter load?
>
>Todd

Are you looking for savings on products you use everyday?
Visit Quality Health today and see the coupons, free
samples and special offers our members enjoy each and
everyday.
http://click.topica.com/caab5n1bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Ivo Interactive

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm