Playing with MC connectors and USE-2 [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Thu Mar 18 09:14:07 PST 2004

Dean,

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you have hungry rats in Vermont--what are
you feeding them that they have to resort to romex for food? ;-)

Anyway, I guess that means I still have no takers on chewed USE cable. I
feel pretty confident on this one because I have spoken to several utility
engineers, and they have never seen any USE chewed by varmits.

So, the moral of the story is: if you want to protect your wire from
varmits, don't use LFNC, use USE-2 or something with a steel metal jacket.

Bill.