hybrid regulation: parallel 1 & 3 stage controllers [RE-wrenches]

Jeffery Wolfe, Global Resource Options jeff at globalresourceoptions.com
Wed Feb 11 19:20:38 PST 2004

Dan,

If it's one of the Bergey's with the second generation controllers, I would
recommend removing the dump load from the wind part of the system. The newer
controller works better, IMHO, without the dump. The dump circuitry appears
to be the weak link. The controller basically shuts the turbine down during
high winds and high voltages.

You'll need to contact Bergey to make sure the voltage setpoints are what
you want.

Then you can use Chris' idea to provide an "emergency" dump load from the
batteries, rather than from the wind turbine.

Jeff
Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
NABCEP Certified Solar PV InstallerT
Global Resource Options, LLP, Solar  Wind  Energy Solutions
A Woman-Owned Limited Liability Partnership
601 Old River Road, Suite 3, White River Junction, VT 05001-9030
800-374-4494 x107 Toll Free     802-295-4415 x107 Phone      802-295-4417
Fax
Jeff at GlobalResourceOptions.com <mailto:Jeff at GlobalResourceOptions.com> ,
www.GlobalResourceOptions.com

Distributor for:
BP Solar - photovoltaic panels
SMA - Inverters
UniRac - PV racking systems
Outback Power - Battery based inverters and controllers
Xantrex - Inverters
Rolls - Batteries
Concorde - Sealed Batteries
Other fine products for renewable energy