kwh meter workaround [RE-wrenches]

Kirk Herander, VSE kirk at vtsolar.com
Mon Feb 2 10:38:02 PST 2004

One 2S meter will not work. Two 2S meters will not work either. You need 3
2S meters. Meters A and B are detented and wired in series wilh the AC1
input, they are wired such that meter A measures utility power only, B
measures solar ac sent back to the grid only. Meter C is non-detent and is
wired between inverter output and critical loads. (Meter C - meter A) +
meter B = total solar AC generated.

This should work fine, if the 5 jaw, form 12S meter won't.

Kirk
Vermont Solar Engineering
North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners Certified Solar PV
InstallerT
Xantrex Certified Dealer Charter Member
Kirk Herander
PO Box 697