RE Incentives Repost [RE-wrenches]

Dean T. Newberry deant at dcn.org
Tue Nov 2 21:42:52 PST 2004

Get 4 Free low-fat, low-carb recipes
http://click.topica.com/caacOlybz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Hi Allan,
Get a translation of the German incentive program. It sucked up all
loose modules in May. I think the gist of it is a $.70 / kwh generated
for 25 years paid monthly, and a subsidized loan at 2% APR.
Good Luck deant

Allan Sindelar wrote:

>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
>FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
>http://click.topica.com/caacOlKbz8QcsbdulIia/OmahaSteaks
>
>Fellow Wrenches,
>
>I have got to try once more here...On 10/25 I posted the request for
>assistance below. I received many requests for copies of my
>performance-based incentives piece (all of which were sent; let me know if
>you were lost somewhere), but no responses to my info request. Please: Bob
>Maynard, Bob-O,the Matts, and anyone else in an incentivized state... help
>me guide New Mexico into doing the best job for its citizens and its solar
>industry. Following is a repost of my original request.
>
>Thank you,
>Allan at Positive Energy
>
>In January of 2003 I posted a request here for ideas on what an ideal state
>incentive plan would look like to promote solar in general and PV in
>particular. [The key questions in that request were: "What would make up an
>ideal incentive package: one that is effective, that discourages the abuses
>of the seventies, that keeps us independents in business, that is sized and
>capped properly, that is easy to publicize, and that provides quantifiable
>results? I would like to hear your  suggestions, and if a discussion might
>arise out of this request, great! I will prepare a distillation of the
>comments received to take to this meeting, and will make it available to
>this list as I have once or twice on other topics."]
>
>I got some great responses. I focused on the value and importance of
>production-based incentives rather than up-front rebates. I have recently
>edited these comments down to about three pages, and will send them to
>anyone who requests a copy off-line at allan at positiveenergysolar.com
>(Request a read receipt, as my spam filter is set way up).
>
>I took the material to that meeting in January 2003 and nothing happened.
>But this year, the Guv's office has set up a collaborative Distributed Solar
>Task Force to develop the basis for legislation for incentive programs. I'm
>on that Task Force, and on a smaller sub-group focusing on local/in-state
>incentives. It's the latter that I am requesting help with.
>
>My specific request, presented as several closely related questions:
>1. How can we structure state PV incentives to benefit local ownership, and
>keep out-of-state companies from horning in?
>2. How can the New Mexico renewable energy industry in general structure
>itself for greatest local economic benefit?
>3. What are the obstacles to this structuring?
>
>Thank you for any good answers. Know that your responses may actually make a
>difference in the structure of NM incentives. Already, it looks like at
>least a partial production-based structure is in the works.
>
>I will have other questions to ask in upcoming weeks, like how to easily
> [...]

*Quantum Energy Group*
/Your renewable energy systems integrator.../

*www.quantumcenergy.com* <http://http://mjdsolar.com/>
www.talbottsolar.com <javascript:NEWPAGE()>
        Dean T. Newberry
Is America Safe? Give your opinion on Homeland Security and enter
to win!
http://click.topica.com/caacOlqbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php