Solar software question [RE-wrenches]

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Thu Aug 26 09:33:51 PDT 2004

Save up to 80% on Inkjet & Toner Supplies. 100% Satisfaction
Guarantee. Free Shipping on orders over $49. www.inksoutlet.com
http://click.topica.com/caacAsfbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Inksoutlet

Jeff,
For whatever it's worth, I like Mike Pelosi's Maui SolarSoftware.  The real
limitation, I think, with any solar software program is that the program
will have a limited number of climate locations.  For example, Mike's
program has a whopping four locations for the entire state of Hawai'i while
there are at least a dozen distinct microclimates on this Big Island alone.
Interestingly, though, when one of my BP Solar friends did the same calcs
for several sites, which I had already done with MSS, using his BPS
proprietary high falutin' program the annual output numbers were remarkably
close; Mike's program took seconds to spit out the numbers while the BPS
program grinded away for minutes...Hah!

And yes, the numbers from the program do have a basis in reality when
compared to actual performance data I've been accumulating from various
sites.

www.mauisolarsoftware.com

aloha,
marco

I know we have discussed a few times over the years, but thought something
is new out there.  There have been several recent posts about some problems
with solar sizing software and solar sizing spreadsheets.  I have several
programs that we purchased about 3 years ago, but am not very pleased with
them.

Is there any software program (for windows) that has been out there long
enough that you have a good feeling on its accuracy?  I just want the basic
pv system performance estimating information and ability to do "what if"
changes to battery and array size, without spending all day entering
numbers.  What program have you found that predicted close to what your
system actually did?

Source and Price?

Thanks,

Jeff Yago

Need cash fast? Get a $500 CASH ADVANCE overnight! Let
YourCashCentral get you the cash you need.
http://click.topica.com/caacxycbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/MyOnlinePayday

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com