PV Powered inverters-II [RE-wrenches]

Ryan Mayfield ryan at energyoutfitters.com
Mon Jul 12 17:16:35 PDT 2004

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacpgjbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/OmahaSteaks

Marco and Wrenches,

I apologize for not posting this earlier, PV Powered responded to the question and I failed to post it for them. The following is their response to the issue of back feeding and the over current protection for multiple strings. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Ryan Mayfield
Energy Outfitters

Our inverters do not back feed.  The inverter will only operate if a number
of safety conditions on the PV system and electrical grid are met, if not,
the inverter will never turn on.  Also, the inverters come with a DC circuit
breaker mounted inside them; thus, there is no need for external PV fusing.
The DC circuit breakers handle PV over current protection.

Best regards,
Brian Hoffman
PV Powered