PV Powered inverters-II [RE-wrenches]

John Berdner jberdner at sma-america.com
Mon Jun 28 09:58:11 PDT 2004

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caaclxSbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/OmahaSteaks

Wrenches:

I am not sure the no fuses argument applies to the 2800.
We had to run special tests to show this was not a problem.
We have redundant reverse current protection and this was a key point.
If current can flow from the inverter to the array then OC protection
is required on every string.
The calculations for this are in a recent post of mine and on our web
site in a tech note.

Best Regards,

John Berdner

>>> wkorthof at earthlink.net 6/26/2004 07:25:51 AM >>>

We've installed about a half dozen of the PVP 2.8 kW inverters so far.

Nice unit.

There should be no back feed current from the inverter to the DC side,
but like the SMA inverters, if you have to combine more than 2
strings,
I think separate OCP for the input strings would usually be required.

/wk

>Has no one out there installed a 2.8 kW PV Powered inverter and
doesn't
>anyone know if a individual fuses are needed for each series string
>connected to the inverter? Bob M....can you find out from the
manufacturer
>if this inverter can back feed from the AC side to the DC side?
>
>thanks,
>marco
>
>Marco Mangelsdorf
>President
>ProVision Technologies, Inc.
>69 Railroad Avenue, A-7
>Hilo, Hawai'i 96720
>(808) 969-3281, 934-7462 facsimile
> www.provisiontechnologies.com
>

>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages:
>
>List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes – over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caaciq1bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/UOP

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com