Wind Turbines with Windy Boy Inverter - Point Power [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dmpratt at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 26 18:46:04 PDT 2004

Get a FREE Mortgage Quote from Mortgage War. Simple application
for mortgage information. If you're ready to get a quote click
now!
http://click.topica.com/caacneLbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/411Web

Yes Geoff, Power Point Systems of San Jose, CA is the North American
licensee of Fortis wind plants from Holland. They've got a 1kW and a 6kW
listed on the CEC eligible equipment list (beats me how).

They've been courting me pretty hard, trying to get into the next
edition of the Solar Living Sourcebook, and other RG publications.
Finally tracked down their lineage thanks to Paul Gipe, who probably
knows more about the world wind turbine scene than anyone. He didn't
exactly give them a thumbs-down, but did say he wouldn't buy one.

Found this fairly scary website outa the UK.
http://www.galeforce.uk.com/Turbine%20warning.htm It appears they
suffered several structural failures of the turbine mount/tail assembly
on the same wind plant. The response from Fortis, posted on their site,
wasn't, "We fixed it", or "That'll never happen again", it was, "Take
those pictures off your site or we'll sue your friggin' pants off!"
Hummmm. Not the kinda company I want to support.

Now, how the blazes did Power Point get listed on CEC, while the African
Wind Power 3.6, a really great machine that's also available with a
Windy Boy 1800, is having to jump thru all kinds of hoops? Life ain't
fair.

Cheers,
Doug Pratt
Real Goods Technical Editor